Have you ever taken a look at the ingredients list of your favorite store-bought dressing? Chances are there are at least a few ingredients that you don’t recognize. I don’t know about you, but I prefer to know what I’m putting in my body.
One great way to do that is by making your own salad dressings. And this avocado basil dressing should definitely become a staple in your recipe book.
Incredibly creamy and packed with flavor, it’s also super healthy. It uses only 6 simple and recognizable ingredients that contain a variety of vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients. The avocado and olive oil provide heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, and the basil contains antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.
Creamy Avocado Basil Dressing Recipe
1. Cut a fresh lemon in half, and squeeze out the juice into a blender cup, making sure to catch the seeds.
2. Chop the garlic clove into small pieces and add it to the blender.
3. Cut a ripe avocado in half, score it, and scoop in into your blender.
4. Pull the basil leaves off of the stems and put them into the blender.
5. Add the water, salt, and pepper, and blend everything until it’s creamy.
The Many Ways To Eat This Dressing
While this dressing is amazing on a bed of greens with assorted fresh veggies, it isn’t limited to salads alone. Serve it on top of a rice bowl, noodles, roasted veggies, or your favorite protein.
You could even enjoy it as a dip for chips or crackers, or spread it on your sandwich to add some healthy fats and flavorful herbs.
For a thicker, creamier dressing, just use less water. Simply start with 0.25 cup, and add more until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
If you try this avocado basil dressing, let me know how you serve it!